So far my training has consisted of:
1. a sea swim in Brighton which didn't go ahead because the sea was too choppy
2. the occasional pleasure paddle in my local lido
It has not:
1. been the, at least, twice weekly habit I had intended to get me up to fighting fitness
2. involved any kind of wetsuit which I am yet to purchase and the thought of which, in itself, scares me silly
3. given me any confidence that I will be able to complete this swim.
Hopefully a week's swimming holiday in Croatia will help...so long as I don't drown first!
I need motivation: please donate as much as you can spare at www.myactionaid.org.uk