Wednesday 10 August 2011

Swimmer Profiles: Andrew Hudson

I am a 40 year old proprietor of a Nursing Home for the Elderly in Alverstoke, just behind Stokes Bay. I grew up in this area and have been over to the IOW in most forms of transport and have always wanted to swim across. A friend suggested trying for the Bestival Swim and now I'm in training. I am hoping to get Residents and their families to come and support the event as its local, and also abviously friends and family. As I drive past Stokes Bay every day to work I have no excuse not to jump in and have a practice.

Sea swimming is definitely harder than the pool. I have chosen Macmillan Cancer Support as my charity because they have helped people I know with Cancer and also my wife is a Lecturer at Southampton University who is currently on a fellowship helping Macmillan with their Helplines, so I know what valuable work they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment